Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cravings

OM NOM NOM NOM

Hello everyone, we're back! I know that we haven't posted anything in a really long time but that's because we've been busy with various activities and it really has pushed blogging into the back seat. But not to worry, today is the continuation of our super blog bonanza!

So recently, Christine and I participated in the Food For All 30 Hour where you are only allowed to drink water for 30 hours straight. The point was to promote the awareness of world hunger as Christine and I were asked to wear signs and collect donations to go to World Vision. Anyway, to make a long story short, we got pretty freaking hungry.

There were various times where we were forced to watch as other people ate right in front of our faces. Sometimes the people did them on accident while others did it with cruelty in their hearts. There are two instances in which I remember this clearly occurring. One time was when we decided to go to Chipotle with Ashley and Panos. Yeah, I don't understand why we did that, it was kind of stupid to go and watch other people watch Chipotle when you can't eat. Another instance was when Maayan bought Christine and I a cupcake because Samuel told her to and he was being stupid. That was really sweet of Maayan actually because she didn't even know it was for sadistic purposes. Anyway, if in the future you know someone is participating in something like this, its probably not the best idea to make fun of them because I know that I got REALLY grumpy.

My thoughts are that the famine was a really interesting idea. It really opened my eyes to the super food filled kind of society that we have. Other than that I learned that it really sucks to not eat and also that eating very quickly after a famine isn't the best of ideas. Christine thinks that this was the hungriest that she ever got out of all three times she has done the famine because normally Christine can go anywhere with Serena and eat everything. You know how it is. I know I do. :P

After the 30 Hour Famine theres a banquet where everyone brings food in to eat together. That was nice and all but it didn't really satisfy Christine my my cravings for some really good food. So Christine and I drove to Safeway afterschool and bought some instant mashed potatoes and 3 giant steaks. After that, we went home and proceeded to cook all the food. Unfortunately, I didn't think ahead far enough and I didn't have enough seasoning for the steak so they didn't turn out the best they could be. On top of that I don't have a grill so I ended up pan searing and then baking them. If anyone of you have an awesome steak recipe whether be for seasoning, or cooking, or both, write them in the comments below because we would love to try them out. Going back to the steaks, we actually both managed to finish all the food with a little help from Ryan. I got to say, my stomach actually physically hurt from eating so much food. When my mom came home she was incredibly surprised that Christine finished a whole steak by herself. I, on the other hand, am not surprised. The amount of food that girl eats is kind of embarrassing sometimes. Christine's response to that? "OMG excuse me" and "Actually Chris I'm kind of hungry right now" This is at 1 o'clock in the morning.

Since we're on the topic of food Christine and I have had our recent cravings and obsessions for specific types of food. Christine has gone KUH-RAZY through the past couple weeks for Asiago bagels with sun dried tomato shmear. Honestly, I think that it's ok. I prefer the Good egg with the smoked salmon shmear. But Christine has insisted that we stop by Noah's Bagels at least once a week so that she can have some of her bagel goodness. I on the other hand have had a recent obsession for "Toad in a Hole", "Egg in a Basket" there are a million names for it but it's most easily described as an egg in a toast hole. Recently I became obsessed because I saw someone cooking it on V for Vendetta and it looked really yummy. So far my attempts have been alright except for the fact that I tend to burn the bread before the egg is finished cooking. If anyone knows how to prevent that, it would be awesome if you let me know because I really want to try and really good "Toad in a Hole".

One last thing to note. When I was testing my culinary skills Christine found the BIGGEST EGG EVER! Like, this thing was freaking massive. My mom might have eaten it already but if its still there when I get back I'll see if I can get a picture of it. I mean this egg was like the size of two eggs put together and we didn't use it for cooking for fear that a like chick was inside. Anyway that's that. Hope you enjoyed reading through more adventures of Chris and Christine

Chris and Christine


1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM_pGH031yA
    Egg in an egg. You should totally record yourself opening the egg.

    -from a happy reader

    ReplyDelete